To qualify you had to meet the following requirements:
- Came to the U.S. before the age of 16;
- Be under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- Be physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012;
- Show continuous residence since June 15, 2007, through the time of application;
- Are currently in high school, graduated high school or obtained a GED, or be in the Armed Forces of the U.S. or have been honorably discharged; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more misdemeanors and not pose a threat to national security or public safety.
The program was rescinded on September 5, 2017. However, due to appeals, the federal courts ordered that those already with DACA be allowed to continue to renew their DACA status until this issue was further resolved in court.
While NO NEW DACA applications are being accepted at this time, RENEWALS ARE being accepted.